- RSS Channel Showcase 5605764
- RSS Channel Showcase 6588453
- RSS Channel Showcase 1612665
- RSS Channel Showcase 7773452
Articles on this Page
- 04/12/17--02:10: _Lakatosinas
- 05/03/17--06:04: _Bálmos
- 07/21/17--03:03: _Dill sauce
- 08/22/17--04:33: _Lattice-top sour ch...
- 10/27/17--01:38: _Csalamádé – Mixed v...
- 01/21/18--01:59: _Deák Bundt Cake / D...
- 03/29/18--05:38: _Apricot-vanilla pud...
- 04/12/17--02:10: Lakatosinas
- 05/03/17--06:04: Bálmos
- 07/21/17--03:03: Dill sauce
- 08/22/17--04:33: Lattice-top sour cherry pie
- 10/27/17--01:38: Csalamádé – Mixed vegetable pickle
- 01/21/18--01:59: Deák Bundt Cake / Deák-kuglóf
- 03/29/18--05:38: Apricot-vanilla pudding filled bundt cake
This is one of the most special sweets that has been published in Hungarian cookbooks for decades. Lakatosinas is actually prunes filled with marzipan, dipped in pancake batter and fried in oil. There’s no evidence why they are called lakatosinas, which means locksmith apprentice in English, but I read somewhere … More
Bálmos is an old Transylvanian dish, a kind of polenta made from coarsly ground cornmeal, bacon and sheep milk cheese. It was originally prepared with fatty whey, a byproduct of the manufacture of cheese. In default of whey cornmeal can be cooked in cream or whole milk, but some recipes … More
Dill is one of the most characteristic herbs of the Hungarian cuisine. Due to its tangy taste and fragrance this herb has two groups of fans: those who are enthusiastic about it and those who push the plate aside in disgust if there is even a sole leaf of dill … More
Sour cherry is one of the most popular fruits in our country, you can find at least one tree in almost every garden. Hungary is the second biggest producer of sour cherry in the European Union, 60.000-90.000 tons are produced annually. It’s not by chance that sour cherries are beloved … More
In Hungary main meals are often (or rather always) served with pickled vegetables. Cucumber, beet root, water melon, stuffed peppers or csalamádé – they are all splendid and make any meat dish lively. Mixed vegetable pickle is usually made with finely shredded cabbage, cucumber, pepper, carrot and onion, but green … More
Today’s cake was named after Ferenc Deák, Hungarian Statesman and Minister of Justice in the 19th century, who was also referred to as “The Wise Man of the Nation”. He led the Hungarian delegation that negotiated the conditions of the Compromise of 1867, which established the dual monarchy of Austria-Hungary. … More
Bundt cakes are a bit old-fashioned, but they’ve never gone out of style. A ring-shaped ridged bundt pan can transform the most basic cake recipe into a work of art, and you can make a bundt cake to please just about any type of sweet tooth. Today’s bundt cake a … More